Welcome to the newly-created Richmond Racial Equity site. This site was created in response to member requests to have more of a comment-board-based discussion system rather than having everything go to your email.
In order to create posts or take part in the forums you will need to create a login — you can do that at https://richmondracialequity.org/index.php/account/register/. Once you have registered an admin will have to approve your registration — this is to keep trolls and spammers from making accounts. In most cases approval should take only an hour or two, and hopefully will be less.
As a member of the site, you have three options for sharing your thoughts and views:
- Create actual posts (like this one) which will be visible to the public, even if they don’t have logins. To add a post, click “Add a post” in the main menu at the top of the page, or click +New in the WordPress toolbar across the very top of the window. Compose your post, then click “Publish” in the upper right hand corner of your screen. If you want to add a picture or other media, click “Add Media” and upload it before inserting it into your post.
- Create private posts — like this one, only marked “private”, which cannot be seen by people who are not logged in. To add a private post, follow the instructions for adding a post immediately above, but make sure to set the visibility to “Private” before clicking “Publish”.
- Take part in the forums — which are not visible at all to non-registered, non-logged-in users. To access the forums, simply click “Forums” in the main page menu at the top of the screen.
In addition to sharing your thoughts, you can:
- Schedule meetings using the “Events and Meetings” link. Only logged-in users can create new meetings.
- Upload or view files using “File List”. Only logged-in users can access the files.
- Manage your account via “Account”
If you have questions about the site or how to do things on the site, please email email@example.com.